Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nautical


Hey all! Finally I get to write a nail-art post.. hehe.
I'd like to share my entry for the very same competition I participated before here. Only this time the theme was Nautical. I did Nautical toes mani before for my holiday in Phuket (post about the mani coming up), so that was my first entry. LOL. Then I sketched and sketched and sketched, and finally ended up with this one for my second and final entry.

indoor
outdoor
(that thing happened again. it just won't rotate)
How I made the background color step 1: paint the base color
How I made the background color step 2: paint the second color slightly over the base

How I made the background color step 3: sponge to blend.
Here's a tutorial link to achieve this look, by pixiepolish.
Then I just started drawing according to what I've sketched, and top coat. I used toothpick since I haven't yet bought my own set of nail-art brush. 
(I'm an employee with a student-pocket. Sad) 

However, as much as I really wished I made it to the top 4, I still didn't make the cut. Guess I need more training and creativity to win. Anyway, here are the top 4 finalists. What do you think of their designs? Which one is your favorite? (P.S: I love D best. The idea is genius!!)


If you want to enter the competition too, first you need to install Instagram (available on iPhone and any Android mobiles) then follow @nailcompetitions and wait for her to post the weekly theme. Below is this week theme ;)


The theme is coincidentally the same as the one Berry Polished hosted. So maybe I'll enter this one also, if I can figure out which B&W design I want to do before this Friday. LOL. Visit Berry Polished facebook page here to join the competition. It will be closed on June 1st. So you still got plenty of time ;)


Colors used: Etude House Petit Darling Nails BL501 (sky blue), Etude House Petit Darling Nails WH702 (white), Etude House BL501 (navy), Etude House Matte #6 (orange), Etude House PK008 (pink), Pokari 8H (red), Revlon Golden (gold).


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I think your nautical themed nails turned out great! I love the white and blue base colors you used... very calm and soothing! And the art your drew is very cute! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete