Monday, June 4, 2012

By Request : Map nails, in case you're lost


Hi! Today I have a very easy but cool-looking mani for you guys. I saw this mani when my friend tagged me the pic on Pinterest (here) way looonggg ago, and asked me to give it a try. So I tried it, and loveeee it!!

When I shared this on Facebook, it wowed my friends, and received many likes, even from my (ex) Deutsch teacher. lol. Well, they didn't know that I 'cheated' :P Most of them thought that I free-handed the maps. God, I don't know how much time and training I need to have before I can actually free-hand a map on my nails. 
I used the newspaper technique for this mani. But instead of using pieces of cut newspapers, I used pieces of cut maps. For you who don't know what's newspaper technique, here's a great tutorial video provided by cutepolish . It's a very easy technique really. And you'll love it, I'm sure. It's the aftermath (if you used alcohol like I did) that's terrifying, but I'll talk about it on the next post :)


I use maps that you can easily get in airports. These are Bangkok's 
You'll get some excess of the maps at first, but you can easily rub it off with your finger
Left hand with top coat
Right hand with top coat. I've got the hang of it, so the images were transferred better. 
Right hand final product. I redid most of my right fingers so that it has the same
image quality as the left. I left my ring finger without base color, and I actually like the effect.
Made it as if I have some tattooed nails. LOL


What do you think of this mani? Have you tried newspaper nails before? Do you like it?
Please share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below.
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time ;)


Base color used: Face Shop BR801. Yep, it's the other designed I made using this color. Click here for swatch.





Pin It

2 comments: