Saturday, June 2, 2012

Swatch: Face Shop BR801


Today I'm gonna share with you my first swatch post. I choose this one to be the first because I did two designs with BR801 as the base color. So yeah, this is also a preview of what you might see in the next couple of days :)

BR801 is a nude creme polish that I personally think would be great for wedding mani. Hehe. The code "BR" stands for brown, so I guess it's more appropriate to say that this is a very very light brown.

bottle and brush shot




As you can see, the brush is kind of bulky, but I had no problem with it. Tiny nails might suffer from flooding  though.
Application was great. It's a bit streaky on the first coat, but became opaque on second coat. When it comes to formula, however, Face Shop is not the greatest. It is great the first time you use it, but it won't be as great as it was when you use it the second time. The formula thickened very fast, if you get what I mean.

Overall, I say BR801 is an OK polish. It is retailed in a similar price to Revlon, 30k-ish IDR (around 3 USD). Do the quality match the price? Personally, I prefer Revlon's formula, so I'd say 50-50.

What do you think of this shade? Do you also have Face Shop polishes in your stash?
Share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below ;)
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment