Sunday, June 3, 2012

What's Cookin': Don't Forget the Chef


Hello! As previewed yesterday, today I'm gonna share the first design that I made with BR801 (swatch here) as base color. I made this design for a blogiversary nail contest that Khuu from Copy That, Copy Cat held. The theme was What's Cookin', and the first thing that popped in my mind after I read the theme was the chef.

instagram ver. (follow me @lenny_cheng)
the plastic bag decal
I started off with one coat of base coat then added two coat of Face Shop BR801 and Etude House WH702 on selected fingers as shown. BR801 is the perfect shade for the chef's face, no? After the base coat is dry, I started painting according to the design I've drawn beforehand. As for the white toque and the flame, I made it the night before on a plastic bag. Anutka from Wacky Laki have a great tutorial for this plastic bag decal technique here. The final product is pretty much how I wanted, if only my top coat didn't smear some of the design *deep sigh inserted*

I didn't win the contest. Like always. LOL. My main purpose in participating contest is to train myself, so I'm sure with lots of training, one day I'll win something. Haha. 

What do you think of this design? Too simple for a nail-contest? What design would you came up with for What's Cookin'?
Share your thoughts on below comments.
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time.


Colors used: Face Shop BR801 (nude), Etude House WH702 (white) V.O.V Nail Art Pen #3 (black striper), Anne&Florio (grey), Revlon Black Lingerie (black)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment