Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Nail Care: Lemons to the Rescue


Hello lacquered ladies! Yesterday, I showed you the easy but cool-looking map nails (in case you missed it, click here). I really love the coolness of this mani, that I was considering to redid them with different approaches. Well, it was before I removed it from my nails. Gosh. My nails were terribly yellow and dry I almost cry. Then I remember reading The Lacquerologist Stain Removal receipt here, and decided to give it a try. Andddd guess what?! It works like magic!!
I never use pure acetone to remove polish because I'm terrified by the dryness it can caused, so for the first step, I use regular acetone-less nail polish remover. Also, my baking soda + lemon juice wasn't turned to paste no matter how many times I tried, so I improvised a bit, and soak my nails in the mixture instead. LOL. Well, thanks God, it still works. For me, it's already working the time you finished brushing your nails with whitening tooth paste. So I guess, if your staining isn't very bad, you're good to go with only the tooth paste method.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pictures, so this was my naked nails a few weeks back, with top coat on. Please imagine the before picture here more yellow and dry.

before
after
The after picture really don't do justice because my nails are almost-white after this easy homemade treatment. Moreover, after I moisturized them with my Revlon Cuticle Cream and Watson's Hand Cream, it became glossy. Yes, my natural nails are even glowing! Now, I can have a day without any polish with proud!! :D

What do you think of this homemade treatment? Have you tried them? Does it work for you? Or do you have another magic secrets that you want to share?
Please share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below.
Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time ;)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment